Monday, April 6, 2009

Me caí

I'm thinking of getting it tattooed on my forehead. It means "I fell" in Spanish.
I did. I fell. In my living room. It's pretty much the most boring story ever. I had just put on my coat, so I had my hands in my pockets, I turned to leave and tripped over my laptop cord (don't worry, the laptop is fine.) I tried to plant my other foot, but there was a foot rest in the way, which somehow only managed to give me more momentum. And I fell, hard, on our tile floor. I got a knot on my forehead, a big bruise on my knee, and as the x-rays the next day confirmed, a fractured left elbow. And of course a fractured elbow means at least 2 weeks in a big, white, ugly, plaster cast. Which of course leads to me being asked what happened 20 million times, and 20 million times the same response, me caí, me caí, me caí!
The worst part is we leave for Istanbul and Athens next week, so I'm going to have to travel with this heavy, itchy cast, bleh! Luckily our program provides insurance, so all I had to pay for were the pain meds.
Everything else is pretty good. I'm trying to make the most of my last two months here while trying to make provisions for when I return. I've been applying for teaching jobs in and around Atlanta. And I think I've worked out a mutually beneficial relationship with a friend who could use a live-in set of hands for the summer with her 2 small children (and 3rd on the way!)

Oops, gotta run, time for tutoring!

No comments: