We've had a great time enjoying our last few weeks here! We had to say goodbye to all of our students and teachers we worked with, which was a bit sad. We've used our free time to explore various parts of the island (mostly different beaches)! We also went to Felanix, which is the small town I was originally assigned before I asked to be switched to Palma. We just wanted to see where I would have been. While it was very charming, it was very much a one horse kind of town, and I'm definitely glad I ended up coming to Palma instead. We have about 5 days left here on the island and we want to use at least one of those days to rent a car and go see all the cool places you can't get to by bus or train.
All of the roommates and other friends in the program are all starting to disperse, whether it be returning to the States or off on European travels. It's kinda sad. While I am ready to be home and figure out what adventures lie ahead of me there, I sure am going to miss the island life and the friends I have made here.
Here is our flight information, all converted into Atlanta time to make things easier:
We leave Palma on Sunday, June 7th at 3:50pm on British Airways flight #2709
We land in London-Gatwick at 6:10pm. We then have to get all the way across London to the OTHER airport. We have an overnight in London and depart London-Heathrow at 10:00am on British Airways flight #227. We land at Hartsfield-Jackson at 7:10 pm on Monday, June 8th!!! If we don't see you at the airport, I'm sure we will see you soon after! I will be at Mom's the week I return, which means no internet, so if you want to contact me, call the cell phone, I have the same number.
Can't wait to see all of you soon!!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment